Title : Assistant Accountant - Payables
Location: Head Office
Reports To: Finance Manager
Level Grade: PI C
Purpose of the Role
- To effectively prepare bank and cash book reconciliations by the agreed specified time. To spearhead the operation of the payables unit and ensure payments are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Bank reconciliations and resolving any outstanding queries .
- Preparation of claims, agents’ commission, administration and reinsurance payments.
- Handling petty cash, receipting and issuing payments.
- Monthly updates and reconciliation of expense accounts and reporting on variances against budget.
- Verify, allocate and posting of payments in the GL.
- Preparation of NAPSA , ZRA and PIA returns and ensuring compliance.
- Assist in preparation of management.
- Other Finance related functions assigned by supervisor .
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with Merits
- Degree in Accounting or Final level in ACCA/CIMA/CA
- 2-3 years audit or finance experience
- Experience in Insurance accounting added advantage
- Sense of urgency
- Team player
- Concern for order and quality
- Resilient and ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
Skills required undertaking the role
- Communication skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Accounting Skills
- Time Management
- Planning and Organisation
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Excel and word processing
- Knowledge of any accounting package an added advantage
- Knowledge in insurance practices